Friday, June 8, 2012

WHAT IT MEANS TO BE 31?

www.iammarizza.blogspot.com
me and my nephew on my birthday dinner
I am no longer getting any younger, and that's for sure. Being in early 30's means a lot. In this age, gone are the days when you lament and burst out in tears in wounded knees. Gone are the days when you fight with your siblings over TV Channel to watch or clothes bought by your parents. Gone are the days when you just think about the present, your inner drive and ego, but rather you now think of your future. A realistic future that needs to be set with realistic goals. And i thanked GOD with the maturity i have as my age gets one notch higher each year.

And so to celebrate the special day, me and my mom cooked Filipino food to serve to small group of friends and relatives. WE have sotanghon guisado, fried chicken, pork humba, macaroni and cassava cake. Though, i do not have the abundance to host a lavish party, but celebrating the day with close friends and relatives over a simple dinner is already a celebration thanking the people around me and of course GOD for blessing my 31 years in this earth with laughter, care, love and support.

I know that the reason why i still wake up everyday because i still need to define and do my purpose in this world. God gives me another day with another opportunity to enjoy life, live life and share life. Maturity is an innate abilities that simply cannot be acquired. I am so glad that as i mature i come to realize to be responsible in my words and actions. I may not be a perfect and profound person full of knowledge and skills but i can say that my values are still intact and so as my family. 

Being in this globally competitive world with high-tech technologies and gadgets, i still keep in tune with my values and morals in life. I use internet responsibly. I talk to parents on my cellular phone with tact and care. I watch inspiring movies instead of violent ones. I communicate with people to their level and do not regard myself as superior over inferior people.

That's it. Being 31 means more defined maturity couple with essential responsibility. Being 31, i should not forget the good things that define me as a person because WHAT I AM NOW IS GOD'S GIFT TO ME, WHAT I WILL BECOME IS MY GIFT TO GOD. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Thumps up Girl for being awesome
    and wise thinker for your life to be..
    for being who you are!? and what you are!?
    keep it up.. being a productive..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! i will make myself as an inspiration to others! bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodluck and Be Yourself at all time..
    Being a Good Model & Example to others..

    ReplyDelete